1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

New Forum Attack

Discussion in 'Forum Issues' started by Top Cat, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    New registrant SexyUnderwear (the chosen user name put me on the alert straight away) has tried to get around the rules by posting "relevant" material, but suspiciously in the wrong places. The "relevant" material has been generated by copying existing posts:

I interpret this as an attempt to add post count towards gaining unrestricted Full Member status.

It occurs to me that this could be an automated attack.

2. David

David Member

trueCall Model:
    Glorious Devon (Sod the NSA!)
    I see that the posts have been deleted but the registrant remains a member. I will watch with interest.

3. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    Yes, I have issued a warning but not actually deleted the user - benefit of the doubt at the moment, although it's pretty clear which way the wind is blowing.

4. cambrensis

cambrensis Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    Welshman in England!
    I've been missing for a few days owing to other matters taking up a lot of my time, so I had not noticed this. I agree - it's pretty clear what is going on.With a user name like that and the evidence you've submitted, TC, I'd have thought the user should be deleted on the grounds of deviation. Well done!