1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Personal Announcements

Discussion in 'trueCall Call Blocker' started by davidm53, Jul 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. davidm53

davidm53 Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    UK
    My Call Blocker manual (v1.9 09/11/2016) says that my Personal Whisper Announcement should be "trueCall is screening our calls. Please say your name after the tone then press hash." When I use the handset menu 4>4>1 to play the announcement it only says "trueCall is screening our calls. Please say your name after the tone." i.e. it doesn't ask callers to press the hash button.
    Which is correct, I seem to be losing calls because of this? I'm using the standard profile and the only thing I've changed is the Personal Greeting.
    Also, under 4>4>2 the handbook says please press 5, the actual message says please press 7. Is my handbook out of date?

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Forum Volunteer

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    I guess it could be.

Easy enough to find out - dial in from a mobile, and withhold the number if appropriate:

3. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Forum Volunteer

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    The on-line manual at http://www.truecall38.co.uk/manuals/callblocker.pdf appears to agree with your manual, so at least you have the latest manual even if it doesn't agree with what the unit actually does!

4. davidm53

davidm53 Member

trueCall Model:
    UK
    I've logged this with tC Support as well. Has anyone else checked what their tC box does with the whisper message (ie. does it or does it not ask callers to press the hash button in the whisper message)?

5. davidm53

davidm53 Member

trueCall Model:
    UK
    Update: tC support have done some checks themselves and have confirmed that this is a bug, which they've referred it to their development team.

The bug is that the default whisper message plays correctly (ie. includes the words "then press hash") when a call comes in. However if you use the handset menu option to check the message (4>4>1) it omits to include "then press hash".

The support guy was amazed that this bug must have been around for ages, but no one seems to have noticed.

Top Cat likes this.