1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Phone Spam Filter UK

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Resigned Member, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Resigned Member

Resigned Member Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
  2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    Mind you don't vanish in a puff of logic.

Regardless of whether these calls were blocked by trueCall, they were initiated as nuisance calls so have no concern about clicking the "report" button. I know you know this, but we have to be mindful that these conversations may be read by a wider audience.

I have greater difficulty deciding when to report email as spam. If the spam/not spam decision was purely local, it would not be a problem because all I am doing is training my own spam filter. Unfortunately (using web mail anyway), reporting spam is not just local but contributes to global spam statistics and may then damage somebody trying to earn an honest crust.

3. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    The difference is that email could have come from somewhere I had agreed to and forgotten about, but either way the sanctions imposed by the Internet providers tend to be unregulated and summary. Any sanctions for telepesting will have been properly investigated with due process.