1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official support forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Zap list

Discussion in 'Telepests' started by Andrew, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Andrew New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    I've been using TC for a couple of months now & have built up a 2 page list of 'telepests' which I'm happy to let others share - how do I put this on the forum for others to use? - Ta - Andrew
  2. Top Cat Administrator

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    You could copy and paste it straight into a forum post (use the [code]...[/code] tags if you want formatting preserved), or wait until you have built up a post count so you get the "upload file" option enabled to add an attachment to a post. For more info about the presentation tags check out the help tab at the top of the page - "BB Codes".
  3. Catmac New Member

Could we all try and make sure (where possible) the names or a brief description of each zap number is included. I know its easy to zap a number but to make the most use out of trueCall we need to try and put a name to these cold callers.
    Its important to monitor the number of calls, what time of day they call etc.
    It's all useful information when anybody has to report companies for bad practice.

Theres an increase in companies using private individuals to make their calls (sub contracted) so many of these calls are difficult to trace. Especially mobile phone numbers.
    I'm hoping to start a thread on where to find out who's calling you to help trueCall users identify these Telepests. e.g. "Who calls me"
  4. toekneem Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    Essex, land of sunshine , drought and conservative policies
    Trouble is , even with "Who calls me" you are relying on people to record accurate data. A lot of people on who calls me use the callers name data from a previous informant.
    Go though some of the numbers on Who Calls Me and you will find at least two or three different names for these telephone numbers.
  5. Catmac New Member

Hi toekneem,

I agree there are companies who either change their names or products they sell and/or use a telepest company that carries out cold calling for various companies. I'd still like to get a name on a number from someones downloaded list. But if these numbers are telepests carrying out cold calls for various products or scams then people need to monitor them to report them as per the trueCall form etc. Date of call, length of call, time of call etc.
    I'm hoping trueCall can put some feedback into this forum on what happens to their reports, what campaigns are on going and what info they need from trueCall users to fight back against cold callers/scams.